Terms and Conditions
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with our services so we can make them better
- A cookie often includes a randomly generated number which is stored on your device. Many cookies are automatically deleted after you finish using the website.
Conditions of Sale for all booking
Returning your tickets
If you are unable to use your tickets they can be exchanged for another performance of the same production or for a credit voucher valid for six months subject to/ minus any applicable administration charges. In order to take advantage of this service your original tickets are required to be received by us at least 24 hours before the performance. Any decisions after 24 hours before the performance will be at the discretion of the management and the original tickets must be received before any credit will be issued.
Tickets will not be refunded unless a performance is cancelled
Tickets are required for each child attending a performance. Some performances have age guidance; please call the Box Office for details. Parents are reminded that some performances are not suitable for young children. We do not advise that children under 14 attend the theatre without a responsible adult and venue staff accept no responsibility for any unaccompanied children under 18.
Booking in person at the Box Office carries no charge, a £1.75 booking fee per transaction applies to booking made online and over the telephone.
Personal cheques are no longer accepted due to the guarantee
card system no longer in use
Concessions and Discounts
We offer concessions for most performances. Only one concession
or discount can be applied per ticket. Child ticket refers to under
16. Full time Students should be in possession of a valid student
ID or NUS card. We reserve the right to check proof of eligibility
at any point and entry will be refused if you are found to have
purchased a concession you are not entitled to.
Schools concessions are to enable educational establishments to bring groups of pupils or students to see performances at a reduced rate. They are not transferable to adults and cannot be used by groups of staff (School Group rate seats are available for groups of 8 or more).
You may have your tickets posted to you for a £1.50 charge. If within 5 days of the performance, your tickets will be held care of the Box Office.
If you arrive late for the start of a performance or after an interval we appreciate that you will want to take your seat as soon as possible. We will do everything possible to assist. To limit disturbance to fellow audience members and artists we may have to ask you to wait until a suitable break in the performance. Occasionally this may not be possible once the performance has started.
Conditions of entry
Our staff are here to enhance your experience and to ensure your safety at all times. Please follow any guidance they give in relation to your and others comfort and safety.
The taking of photographs, capturing of images or the use of any recording devices including mobile phones during any performance is strictly prohibited.
The Management of The West Yorkshire Playhouse reserve the right to:
• refuse admission to the premises and any of its venues
• request any ticket holder to leave the venue, and take appropriate action to enforce this right
• change the advertised arrangements of any performance in the event of illness or any cause beyond our control.